Bullet Journal |
Summer is pretty much here in the midwest! I can’t wait to soak up all the sun & have all sorts of fun in summer 2021! This cover page is inspired by my childhood & warm summer nights running around the yard catching fireflies. I always thought they were sort of magical!
This design was so much fun to create. I didn’t plan it out, as soon as my pencil hit the paper I let the creativity go. I outlined the design with my Pentel GraphGear 500 pencil, starting out with the jar in the lower right hand corner. I wanted the page to explode with fireflies, just like they would on a summer night. Once I drew out the entire design in pencil, I went over it with my micron .005 pen. To get the perfect luminescence of the firefly, I mixed the yellow and green Stabilo Boss highlighters to get the perfect hue of green.
Sometimes it’s fun just see where your creativity guides you. I photographed my bullet journal in my backyard when the sun was setting. I used fairy lights in the background to give off the firefly effect. I just adore this cover page, it turned out so magical!
Thanks for checking out June’s cover page in my bullet journal. I’m looking forward to see what the bujo community is inspired by this summer. Please keep tagging me in your recreated designs, I love to see what my fellow bujo-ers are inspired by! Here’s a look at past cover pages for June in my bullet journal 🙂
Join Bullet Journal Babes!
I am always looking for new members to join our bullet journal Facebook group. We share designs, product alerts, and support one another’s social media. Click the button below if you’re interested in joining. We look forward to seeing you in our bujo community 🙂
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Stabilo Boss Highlighters
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 .03 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens...my new favorites! Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!