Bullet Journal |
This month’s bullet jurnal was inspired by my recent vacation and one of my favorite activities to do while on vacation, collecting seashells by the seashore. I spent my mornings on my recent vacation to Miami, Florida, walking along the beach collecting all the pretty shells. I brought a bag of pretty white shells home with me and that’s what sparked my inspiration for May’s cover page in my bullet journal.
I started off the design with my new Pentel GraphGear .03 mechanical pencil. I love the heaviness of this pencil, it allows you to draw lines more precisely. After I completed all of the shells, I went back over them with my shading tool. These tools are great for adding dimension to your drawings making them look more “life like.” I used some Finetouch & Prisma colored pencils for very faint color hues of white, beige & peach.
This seashell design was super fun and easy to create. I love the simpleness of it & how much it brings me back to my mornings on vacation! Thanks for checking out May’s sea shell cover page. I’m looking forward to seeing what you are all inspired by this month! Here’s a look at past cover pages for May in my bullet journal 🙂
Join Bullet Journal Babes!
I am always looking for new members to join our bullet journal Facebook group. We share designs, product alerts, and support one another’s social media. Click the button below if you’re interested in joining. We look forward to seeing you in our bujo community 🙂
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 .03 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens...my new favorites! Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!