Bullet Journal |
Happy Fall y’all! October is finally here & I’m definitely ready for all that it will bring. This is the busiest month of the year for me so I thought I should keep with that theme for this month’s cover page. As soon as I started sketching this design, I knew it was going to be one of my all time favorites! The design was inspired by a Wisconsin forest floor during the fall. When I’m walking my dog or out photographing, the ground often looks just like this, decorated with colorful leaves, nuts, and branches.
I really had no plan in mind when creating this design, I just let my pen guide the way. I knew I wanted to include a variety of leaves in different shapes, sizes and colors. I included the acorns because I always see the squirrels munchin’ on them in the morning. They add the cutest touch to this cover page. As always, my design was created in my Fabriano journal. These journals come in all sorts of fun colors! You can also choose to get the paper dotted, graphed, or blank. My favorite pencil to use to sketch out my designs is the Pentel GraphGear 500. I highly suggest buying the set so you can choose which lead width you prefer.
Once I was finished with the sketch of the design, I outlined the leaves + nuts + other details with my 005 prismacolor pen from the hand lettering pen set. I brought in the fall color hues using my prismacolor colored pencils. These pencils are the best if you’re looking to blend and build color like I did for the leaves on this cover page. Once I finished outlining and coloring the design, I headed to my backyard to photograph it. The ground was decorated with fall foliage, just like my design. This cover page is definitely one to remember!
Thank you for checking out October’s cover page in my bullet journal! Please keep tagging me in your recreated designs, I always look forward to seeing them! Here is a look back at years’ past cover pages for October in my bullet journal.
What Stephanie Loves is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Join What Stephanie Loves on Facebook!
If you are subscribed to my blog and enjoy my content, I invite you to join the What Stephanie Loves Facebook group. This group was designed to be an extension of my blog & a more personable way to interact with my subscribers. We look forward to having you!
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Stabilo Boss Highlighters
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 .03 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens..my new favorites! Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!