Bullet Journal |
Happy September! This month is always so bittersweet. I’m not ready to see summer go but I’m also really anticipating fall. So, I decided September’s theme was going to be as sweet as can be & nothing is sweeter to me than brightly colored macaroons. They are one of my favorite treats any time of the year. If you have never tried them, you must! They are delicate little deserts that come in all flavors, some of my favorite flavors are: red velvet, pistachio, and birthday cake. You can most likely find them at your local bakery, otherwise I have discovered Target sells them in the frozen section, yum!
All of my designs are created in Fabriano journals. I love the softness & strength of the paper. It’s very forgiving if you need to erase a lot. They come in all sorts of fun colors & you can choose blank, dotted, or grid styled pages. I used my Pentel GraphGear 500 mechanical pencil for the outline of this design. These mechanical pencils have a bit of weight to the tip of them which makes drawing much simpler.
These cute little macaroons were fun to draw but also a challenge! I was finding a lot of inconsistency in the shapes of my macaroons, so I decided to draw one I really liked and used it as a stencil for the rest. I was much happier with the final look and the consistency of all the macaroons. I used my Fine Touch colored pencils for the colors of the macaroons. These colored pencils sets have a large variety of unique color hues to choose from. I purchased my set from Hobby Lobby. I absolutely adore how this design turned out!
Thanks for checking out September’s cover page in my bullet journal! I hope your plans for the last couple weeks of summer are filled with lots sweet moments. I’m excited to see what this new month will bring, happy planning! Keep tagging me on your recreated designs, I love to see the inspiration. Here is a look back at past years September cover pages.
What Stephanie Loves is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Stabilo Boss Highlighters
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 .03 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens...my new favorites! Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!