Bullet Journal |
This month’s bullet journal cover page is inspired by summer days at the beach. I can’t believe it is August already! Just when it’s starting to feel like summer in the midwest, it’s practically over. Much of my summer has been spent by the beach, whether I’ve been photographing, walking my dog, or just relaxing, it’s been a beach-filled summer!
I was looking in my closet one day & seeing all the summer hats I collected prompted me to use them as the theme for August’s cover page! I free handed the design using my Pentel GraphGear 500 pencil to outline the hats. The hats were very tricky! It was difficult to make them all look the same, so once I drew one that I really liked, I cut it out and used it as a stencil, making some smaller & some bigger.
I added a colorful touch my switching up the color of the bows on the hats. I used my prismacolor colored pencil set for the color hues throughout the design. They are my absolute favorite colored pencils. They are very buildable & blend very well too! After I was done creating the design, I photographed it outdoors in the early morning when the light was even. I always upload my final designs for cleaning up & refining.
Thanks so much for checking out this my August cover page in my bullet journal. I hope you are all enjoying your summer & are welcoming a new month full of excitement. Leave me a comment below to let me know what you think! Here is a look back at past August cover pages.
What Stephanie Loves is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Join What Stephanie Loves on Facebook!
If you are subscribed to my blog and enjoy my content, I invite you to join the What Stephanie Loves Facebook group. This group was designed to be an extension of a blog & a more personable way to interact with my subscribers! We look forward to having you!
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Stabilo Boss Highlighters
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gel Pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!