Bullet Journal |
Summer is here! July’s cover page features adorable green lily pads! When ever I come across them, they remind me of summer fishing trips with my family. I’ve been fishing almost every summer since I was little. Now that I’m older nothing has changed! I still make a special summer trip to visit my parents & go fishing with my dad.
Lily pads are the cutest reminder that summer is officially here to stick around for awhile. I always thought they were a magical site to see! I remember being fascinated with the way they floated above the water. I always loved the water lilies, the flowers that bloom in a group of lily pads. Other than being a pretty aquatic plant, lily pads are super essential to the habitats of the fish and reptiles that live in the ponds where they grow.
This design was SO simple to create. I drew out this whole design with my Pentel GraphGear mechanical pencil. I enjoy the weight of this pencil being mostly at the tip! I used circular stencils to create various sizes of lily pads. Stencils are a great to incorporate shapes and other design elements into your bujo. The placement of the lily pads was completely random, wherever my pencil went was alright with me! I added a couple purple water lilies for some pops of color. I always like to fill in negative white space on the page with little details like dots, stars, hearts etc.
After I photographed my design I popped it into photoshop for some cleaning up, color enhancement and for the lettering of July. I just loved how this font fit right in with the lily pads. Thanks for checking out this July’s cover page in my bullet journal. Leave me a comment below to let me know what you think! Here is a look back at past July cover pages.
What Stephanie Loves is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Join Bullet Journal Babes!
I am always looking for new members to join our bullet journal Facebook group. We share designs, product alerts, and support one another’s social media. Click the button below if you’re interested in joining. We look forward to seeing you in our bujo community 🙂
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Stabilo Boss Highlighters
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 .03 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens...my new favorites! Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!