Bullet Journal |
I’m all about the wildflowers this spring! My April cover page is inspired by my photography business and the wildflower spring mini’s I will be hosting this year. Spring has not sprung where I’m from just yet, but you can tell it’s trying to peek through the end of winter’s dreary. The weather is getting warmer & pretty soon all the trees will start to bud & people will be getting their gardens ready! I just love wildflowers in the spring; fields full of purple flocks & the smell of lilacs are some of my favorite things!
I used quite a variety of tools to achieve the look of this wildflower bouquet design. I started off using my new Graphgear 500 0.3 pencil by Pentel. This mechanical pencil is heavier in weight & I enjoyed how precise I was able to draw with it. I created the larger flowers first and then built smaller flowers & greenery around them. I’m inspired by all the moody shades of blue this season so I had to incorporate them into April’s cover page. The color hues were created with Prismacolor & fine touch colored pencils.
This design was quite tedious! I did a lot of blending and building up the shades of blue. I really wanted to achieve a three dimensional look with my bouquet of wildflowers. A simple shading tool is all that you need to push color around by shading. It adds depth & dimension making your drawings really pop. As always, all of my designs are created in Fabriano journals. These journals are the perfect size & come in a variety of colors. The paper is really what makes these journals so special. It is very forgiving if you make a lot of mistakes. If you tend to erase a lot I highly recommend using a gum or soap eraser to help preserve the quality of the paper.
Thanks for checkout April’s cover page in my bullet journal. Here is a look back at previous years cover pages for April in my bullet journal! Please keep tagging me in your recreated designs, I love to see the inspiration.
Join Bullet Journal Babes!
I am always looking for new members to join our bullet journal Facebook group. We share designs, product alerts, and support one another’s social media. Click the button below if you’re interested in joining. We look forward to seeing you in our bujo community 🙂
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Stabilo Boss Highlighters
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gel Pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!