Bullet Journal |
Happy March! My birthday month has finally arrived and I am stoked! I have a busy month ahead of me but I have been keeping up with all my journaling & staying organized.
For this month’s design I stayed with the bouquet theme I started at the beginning of the year, only this month it is a bouquet of balloons! I am celebrating turning 32 years young this year so I definitely had my birthday in mind when looking for inspo for March’s cover page. I thought the balloons were a great opportunity to incorporate some mandalas into the design.
This cover page was very simple to create, I free-handed the whole design. I create all my bullet journal designs in Fabriano Journals & they are definitely worth checking out! The journals come in all different fun colors & the paper is magical to drawn on. I use .07 mm Papermate mechanical pencils to begin all of my designs and fix all my mistakes with a Blum soap eraser. For the black outline of the design, I used my .005 & .01 micron pens for the balloons and little details throughout the design.
When I finished outlining the design, I photographed it and opened it up in photoshop for some final touches. I decided to add the blush color tones in photoshop as well because I didn’t have a marker with the specific color I was going for. I also used my go-to font for the lettering of March. I think this design is so cute & it was so fun to create. I’m looking forward to seeing what designs everyone is inspired by this March!
Here is a look back at previous year’s cover pages for March in my bullet journal! Please keep tagging me in your recreated designs, I love to see the inspiration.
Join Bullet Journal Babes!
I am always looking for new members to join our bullet journal Facebook group. We share designs, product alerts, and support one another’s social media. Click the button below if you’re interested in joining. We look forward to seeing you in our bujo community 🙂
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Arteza Real Brush Pens…my new favorites! Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!