Bullet Journal |
Ahhhh, 2021 is finally here! Happy New Year to all my readers, fellow subscribers, passer-byers, and of course to the bujo community! January 2021 has started beautifully. I’m truly excited to welcome change, new energy & new inspiration for this year. I decided to switch things up a bit in my bullet journal and create a design that was intricate and exploding with detail. I’m a total nature girl & lately, it’s been where I find most of my inspiration. This month’s cosmic bouquet cover page is inspired by one of my favorite designs by my friends over at serengetee.com! I’m one of their newest recruited clothing reps & I’m so excited to partner up with a company whose mission gives back to artisans from over 25 countries. After reading this post, head on over to their site & use code SOUL to get 20% off your order!
This design was freehanded and it was tricky to get the proportions just right so I did have to start over a couple times. I started with the larger flowers and built off them, continuing to add details wherever there was negative space. I use Fabriano journals for all my designs. The paper is so forgiving & keeps it’s texture if you need to erase a lot. Using a good eraser, like a blum eraser is also a game-changer when getting rid of mistakes. The majority of this design was replicated but I did add some of my own flares to it. I used my sharp writer Papermate pencils & outlined them with .005 & .01 tip micron pens. After photographing the design, I uploaded it to photoshop for some refining and also to add the color hues. I knew I wasn’t going to get the light whimsical colors with any of my marker sets so photoshop came in very handy for this design. I decided to use one of my favorite fonts for the lettering of January & I just adore the final result!
This cosmic cover page is definitely one of my favorite creations. It loved seeing the design continue to develop with every detail added. Thanks for checking out January 2021’s cover page. I am intrigued to discover what the bujo community is inspired by for the first month of the year! As always, keep tagging me in your recreated designs. I love to see them. Cheers to a safe, happy, & healthy new year!
Join Bullet Journal Babes!
I am always looking for new members to join our bullet journal Facebook group. We share designs, product alerts, and support one another’s social media. Click the button below if you’re interested in joining. We look forward to seeing you in our bujo community 🙂
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Stabilo Boss Highlighters
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gel Pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!