Bullet Journal |
Happy October! I can’t believe fall is already here. The colors in Wisconsin are almost at their peak and I’m loving the beautiful fall foliage. My calendar is pretty booked this month so I have a lot to plan for in my bullet journal. I’m also looking forward to some fun fall activities! Some of my favorite fall things are spooky movies, fall scented candles, and apple cider 🙂
This month’s design was inspired by my yearly visits to the local pumpkin patch. I wanted to do something different than the traditional orange pumpkin, so I decided to create mandala pumpkins. I love mandala designs and have been waiting for the right month to incorporate them on my cover page, so yay for October! This design was was completely freehanded. It was fun to create but also challenging coming up with a new mandala design for each pumpkin. But I totally love how they turned out!
I created this design in my dotted fabriano journal. I began my design by creating the pumpkins with my favorite Papermate mechanical pencils. I outlined my pumpkins and the mandala designs with my 005 mm micron pen. I used a shading tool to blend the pencil for added dimension. It was a beautiful fall afternoon so I decided to photograph my bullet journal in some pretty leaves in my backyard. This bujo cover is giving me all the fall feels & it also has me excited for October!
Thanks for checking out October’s mandala pumpkin cover page! I’m so excited to see what the bujo community is inspired by this month! Here’s a look back at my October 2018 cover page, a mandala spider web, one of my favorite designs I ever created! Please keep tagging me in your recreated designs!
Join Bullet Journal Babes!
I am always looking for new members to join our bullet journal Facebook group. We share designs, product alerts, and support one another’s social media. Click the button below if you’re interested in joining. We look forward to seeing you in our bujo community 🙂
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 .03 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens...my new favorites! Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!