This photo series was simply inspired by summer & all of its colors. The goal was to photograph a diverse set of models wearing the colors of summer in unique locations around the city. Each model brought forth beautiful forms of self-expression & art to the scene. This project took about three months to complete & wouldn’t have been possible if it weren’t for their collaboration! I couldn’t be happier with how I spent my summer; creating art & connecting with these beautiful women.
Red | Holland
Oak Leaf Trail – Franklin, WI.
Orange | Jasmyn
Milwaukee Art Museum – Milwaukee, WI
Yellow | Stephanie
Oak Rest Sunflower Farm – Burlington, WI.
Green | Holly Jo
Seven Bridges – South Milwaukee, WI.
Blue | Kristie
Lake Vista Park – Oak Creek, WI.
Purple | Erin
Lake Park – Milwaukee, WI.
So Long, Summer.
Thankful for the friends that became models & the models that became friends! A special shoutout to each model who collaborated with me to bring my visions to life. Go follow them on social media & show their feeds some love!
Shop My Camera Bag!
- I used a Canon 80D to photograph these models.
- The newest lens in my camera bag is the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 zoom lens.
- My Canon 85 mm 1.8 prime lens is my go-to portrait lens.
- I consider my Canon 24-70 mm 2.8 zoom lens to be my powerhouse lens. Perfect for any situation!
- Reflectors come in handy when needing some fill light.
- Every photographer should own a gray/white balance card. These help white balance and correct exposure.
- An external flash comes in handy whenever you’re in low light or high sun situation!
- I always have extra SD cards in my bag, I prefer to use ones with high transfer speeds.
- Extra batteries for your flash are a necessity!
- I love a good camera backpack with a lot of compartments!