Bullet Journal |
Happy September! I can’t believe how fast summer 2020 has flown by. Even though fall is my favorite season, I’m holding onto summer for as long as I can! Every summer, my husband I love to go to all of the local festivals. We also live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which is home to one of the biggest music festivals in the world, Summerfest. Unfortunately, 2020 had other plans for us this summer so I brought the festivals to my bullet journal!
These adorable ferris wheels felt like the best way to say farewell to summer. A big shoutout to my husband who helped me come up with the inspiration for September’s cover page! This design was simple and easy to create. I used stencils to make the perfect circles for the ferris wheels and freehanded the rest of the design. I used my black .02 micron pen to outline my ferris wheels. The lovely color hues are from my mildliners marker sets. I struggled with the lettering of September this month (like always, lol!). I tried to do some fun carnival lettering but it didn’t seem to fit the theme so I decided to stick with my usual whimsical cursive. This design only took about 15 minutes to create from start to finish!
I photograph all my designs & pop them open in photoshop for some cleaning up & refining. I also added some light pink and blue highlighting around the lettering of September to make it stand out. Photoshop always comes in handy! I’m super happy with the final result of September’s 2020 cover page! Thanks for checking out my design this month. Keep tagging me in your recreations! I look forward to seeing what the bujo community is inspired by this for September 2020! Here’s a look back at September’s 2018 & 2019 cover pages!
Join Bullet Journal Babes!
I am always looking for members to join our bullet journal Facebook group. We share designs, product alerts, and support one another’s social media. Click the button below if you’re interested in joining. We look forward to seeing you in our bujo community 🙂
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Stabilo Boss Highlighters
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gel Pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!