Bullet Journal |
Happy August! This month’s jawsome cover page is inspired by the best week of summer, Shark Week! The show premieres on Sunday, August 9th on the Discovery channel. I’ve been watching shark week for as long as I can remember. I love turning on the TV and seeing nothing but sharks all week long. Here’s a fun fact, I have had three pet sharks in the past! I’ve owned one bala shark & two iridescent sharks.
I had to sketch out this design many times before I finally got it right. Once I’m happy with my designs, I draw the final version in my Fabriano journal. I’m a big fan of the soft paper texture and how easily my pencils/pens glide across it. I used a variety of tools to create this shark fin cover page. I start off all my designs with my favorite Papermate mechanical pencils with a Blum eraser to clean up any mistakes! I used my .03 micron pen to outline the shark fins and lifesavers. I used my Prisma colored pencils for the water & my red micron brush pen for some pops of red throughout the design. I really love how it turned out!
I photograph all of my designs and upload them to photoshop for some fine-tuning. I wasn’t happy with my hand lettering for August so I decided to use a fun font & place it on my design in Photoshop. Hand lettering is not my strong suit and I tend to focus more on the design, so Photoshop was a LIFESAVER for this months cover page 🙂
Thanks for checking out this August 2020’s cover page in my bullet journal. It surely is fintastic 🙂 If you’re a shark week lover like myself, check out my recent post for everything you need to celebrate shark week from home! As always, I am excited to see what the bujo community is inspired by this August! Keep tagging me in all your recreated designs. Check out my list of bullet journaling essentials below. Here is a quick trip down memory lane to August 2019’s tropical leaf cover page!
Join Bullet Journal Babes! I am always looking for members to join a bullet journal Facebook group. We share designs, product alerts, and support one another’s social media. Click the button below if you’re interested in joining. We look forward to seeing you in our bujo community 🙂
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Stabilo Boss Highlighters
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gel Pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!