There’s no doubt that summer 2020 has been an adjustment. Although I have been keeping very busy, it still feels like there isn’t much to do! When my husband and I aren’t busy with our schedules and creative endeavors, you can find us at the pool. We were so happy when we heard the news that our complex was opening the pools for the summer. Life is strange and navigating through the new normal does present its daily challenges. It is nice to be able to relax by the pool and have that taste of summer every now and then!
Summer days growing up in my home meant spending the whole day in the pool! We would spend hours in the pool with our friends playing games and soaking up the sun. Those were the best days and the inspiration behind July 2020’s cover page in my bullet journal! If you follow my work, you likely know I love a simplistic design with a POP of color! These little beach balls were the perfect choice to achieve my ideal bujo design. I hope you find something to inspire you this July and soak up every bit of summer you can!
I went back to the basics for this design and used colored pencils for the cute little beach balls. I tried using markers at first but the beach balls looked very one dimensional. Prisma colored pencils are very buildable and blendable creating dimensions to your drawings. They are my go-to when markers aren’t doing the trick. I used my .01 sized micron fineliner pen for the lettering of July and a blue mildliner to give the idea of a pool! I decided to add little water droplets for some added details!
Thank you for checking out my July 2020 Beach Ball cover page! I am excited to see what the bujo community is inspired by this summer! Keep tagging me in all your recreated designs. Here is a look back at July’s 2019 watermelon cover page & July’s 2018 Mandala Crescent moon!
Join Bullet Journal Babes! I am always looking for members to join a bullet journal Facebook group. We share designs, product alerts, and support one another’s social media. Click the button below if you’re interested in joining. We look forward to seeing you in our bujo community 🙂
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 .03 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens...my new favorites! Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!