Pine trees have always been very symbolic to me. They exist in some of my earliest memories. I grew up in a ranch style home in Oak Creek,Wisconsin. Behind our house was a large wooded area full of paths, ponds, and forestry. In our backyard just before the woods, three pine trees stood proudly in a row. One Christmas my dad decided to pull a Clark Griswold and cut down the middle one to use as our Christmas tree. It created a nice open view of the woods where deer and other animals would peek out every once in awhile.
This memory and my fondness of pine trees was the inspiration behind January 2020’s cover page in my bullet journal! I wanted the first cover page of the year and decade to include something that was meaningful and symbolic to me. While the design is simple, those little trees make quite a statement and the accent of washi tape adds refinement. I used my trusty Le Pen for the lettering and outlining of the trees. The green hues are created with Crayola Super Tips!
I hope the new year is off to an adventurous start! I am anxious to see all the designs the bullet journaling community will create in 2020!
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Stabilo Boss Highlighters
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gel Pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!
4 thoughts on “January Evergreens”
I love it and I also love the colour choice. Forest green is my favourite 🙂
Love Pine trees too, at my parents house we have one right in front of the living room window. At Christmas time we love Putting Christmas lights all over it and it looks amazing.
That sounds amazing!! There is just something so magical about Christmas lights!