December is finally here! I cannot believe it is the last month of 2019! My cover page for this month was inspired by cute little candy canes. They are always the first sign of the holiday season that pop up in the grocery stores. Peppermint is the flavor of the season, I’m currently craving a peppermint mocha as I write this blog post! The red and white color theme is also giving me some serious Christmas vibes. This month is already off to a great start and I look forward to the magic of the holiday season!
I drew these cute little candy canes free hand and added some cute pops of peppermint swirls! I used a new pen my hubby bought me last Christmas for some of the lettering and for the outlining of the peppermints. This fancy little pen moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth crisp lines! The pen series is called Le Pen and I highly recommend it! For the red I used my trusty micron brush pen. I layered the red hues on some of the candy canes for some dimension! I also added some white gelly roll pen to the candy canes to make them really pop off the page!
I look forward to seeing everyone’s inspiration for December 2019! It’s the last month of this decade, wow! I hope your journaling days are abundant and I wish you a very merry holiday season!
Here is a look at last year’s December 2018 cover page!
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just started using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!