Monarch Butterflies! October’s Cover Page is inspired by and dedicated to my Grandpa. He loved butterflies and collected preserved ones that I now have in my home. He passed many years ago, but whenever I see butterflies, I always feel like it’s my Grandpa paying me a happy visit!
I have been seeing an abundance of monarch butterflies lately which for me is quite symbolic. The butterfly represents great transformation and personal growth. For the last year, I have been on this personal journey of growth, self-love, and happiness! With every journey, there are highs and lows and lately it seems like the lows have been very overwhelming. But, whenever I see a butterfly, I am reminded of my grandpa, and I remember to stay strong, stay true, and stay focused!
This month’s design was quite challenging. Monarch butterflies are very detailed! I took a break from colored markers for this month’s design and brought out my prisma colored pencils. This entire design was actually created using prisma products! You can read more about my favorite bullet journaling supplies below!
I’m looking forward to seeing what the bullet journaling community is inspired by this fall!
Check out my list of bullet journaling Amazon essentials!
- Prisma colored pencils, simply the best.
- Pentel GraphGear 500 .03 mechanical pencil.
- Arteza Real Brush Pens...my new favorites! Soft tip nylon brush pens, when you add water it gives an awesome watercolor effect!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- If you are new to bullet journaling, I recommend paper pads by Kelly Creates. She has grid ones that help with lettering and dotted ones that help with doodling!
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must-have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must-have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just love using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!