Nothing says Summer to me more than a big juicy piece of watermelon! My husband and I purchased a whole watermelon and nearly ate the entire thing in two days! It was a great hydrating snack to bring with us to relax by the pool. Summer is finally showing it’s face here in the midwest, we are at the pool any chance we can get!
So naturally, watermelons just had to be the theme for July’s cover page in my bullet journal! I had tons of fun creating this super sweet design! I switched over to using a smaller bullet journal this month and I must say, I enjoy using a smaller book. This was my first time creating a bullet journal page on blank paper! It’s a bit intimidating when you don’t have the dots as guides but I felt super confident and free handed all of the outlining. I am so happy with how it turned out!
I hope your July is super sweet! Happy Planning!
This design was created on a blank paged Fabriano journal. These journals are super lightweight and easy to carry in a purse/backpack/suitcase. The paper is soft and doesn’t bleed easily!
I used Micron markers from the fine line set to create the watermelons. These markers glide so easily on paper! I used sizes 005 and 01 to create fine lines and to give the melons a three dimensional look.
Check out my list of bullet journal Amazon essentials!
- Fabriano journals are my favorite! The soft paper allows any pen or marker to glide easily.
- Micron pens and brush markers are a must have in your bujo supplies!
- I recommend the prisma hand lettering set of markers for those getting serious about lettering.
- Crayola supertips are also a must have! I have the 100 ct box that comes with all the colors you need.
- Midliner highlighters are very buildable and blend easily as well.
- Washi tape always comes in handy, especially when you make a mistake.
- White Gelly Roll pens to help accent and add definition to your lettering or designs!
- Le Pen is a fancy little pen I just started using! It moves effortlessly across the page creating smooth and crisp lines!